The Master of Arts in Information Systems & Technology (MAIST) is an innovative graduate program dedicated to the study of Information Technologies and their application to solving business and societal problems. Working with faculty experts from several departments at York University, students can choose courses and research projects from many IT areas, including:
- Business Analysis and Management Information Systems
- Data Management and Analytics
- Entreprise Computing
- Complex Systems and Decision Support
- Financial Technologies
The program is designed for both working professionals and research oriented students. Offered in both part-time and full-time format, it has the following study paths:
- Course Option: recommended for working professionals interested in acquiring skills and knowledge
- Thesis Option: for students interested in research and teaching careers
- Major Research Project: for students who want to combine courses and research.
MAST full-time students qualify for a competitive funding package.
A major feature of the program is its flexibility and the option for students to choose courses from other programs that complement our IT courses.
Application Due Dates
- The program admits students only once per year, to begin September 1. You can apply here.
The online application form, including payment of the application fee must be submitted by deadlines.
Admission Information Sessions
Information sessions about York graduate program and MAIST are held bi-weekly. If you would like to know more about MAIST, please register to one of the sessions by following this link.