The Master of Arts in Information Systems & Technology (MAIST) is an innovative graduate program dedicated to the study of Information Technologies and their application to solving business and societal problems. Working with faculty experts from several departments at York University, students can choose courses and research projects from many IT areas, including:
- Business Analysis and Management Information Systems: Requirements Management, Requirements Engineering, System Analysis, Business Process Management
- Data Management and Analytics: Big Data, Analytics, Information Retrieval, Web Mining
- Entreprise Computing: Service Oriented Computing, Cloud Computing, Entreprise Architecture, Business Processes
- Complex Systems and Decision Support: Optimization, Environment Informatics
- FinTech: Mining of Financial Data, Blockchain, Financial Decision Support
The program is designed for both working professionals and research oriented students. Offered in both part-time and full-time format, it has the following study paths:
- Course Option: recommended for working professionals interested in acquiring skills and knowledge
- Thesis Option: for students interested in research and teaching careers
- Major Research Project: for students who want to combine courses and research.
MAST full-time students qualify for a competitive funding package.
A major feature of the program is its flexibility and the option for students to choose courses from other programs that complement our IT courses.
Dates and Deadlines
- The program admits students only once per year, to begin September 1. You can apply here.
- The deadline to apply to The Graduate Program in Information Systems & Technology for Fall 2018 is Feb 14, 2018.