The Master of Arts in Information Systems & Technology (MAIST) is an innovative program in which many advanced Information Technology issues are explored in both depth and breadth. Working with faculty experts from several departments at York University, students can choose courses and research projects from many areas, including:
- Big Data and Web Mining
- Business and Software Requirements and Modelling
- Service Oriented and Cloud Computing
The program is designed for both working professionals and research oriented students. Offered in both part-time and full-time format, it allows the students to choose the following graduation paths:
- Course option: recommended for working professionals interested in acquiring skills and knowledge
- Thesis option: for students interested in research and teaching careers
- Major research project: for students who want to combine courses and research.
A major feature of the program is its flexibility and the option for students to choose courses from other programs that complement our IT courses.
Dates and Deadlines
The program admits students only once per year, to begin September 1.
The deadline to apply to The Graduate Program in Information Systems & Technology for Fall 2017 is February 8, 2017 (International students) and April 12, 2017 (Canadians students).
The online application is now available. Please apply online.